Tuesday, July 24, 2007


Felt like Bunk to start... sore throat ect ect

Took me till carmel country road to warm up, then I caught 2 guys and I don't know something clicked. I dropped them (and thier over priced carbon frames) and made my way to the first climb...

One guy caught me on the first little climb and then went left at the next light..... I looked back at the run up to the begining of the real climb saw the other guy ~50 yrds back.... never saw him again.

I passed a guy on the small little decent before Camino Del Sur, kept him at bay on the climb to Black mnt road, never dropped below 10mph.

He caught me as I sat up at the very top, but we both turned South on Black mnt road and I dropped him like a sack of Potatos on the decent, never saw hime again.

Tried pushing thru the rolling flats but the wind turned into a headwind and being solo I had nobody to hide behind so I cranked it out.... down the decent, saw that I was avg'ing 17.4 at the bottom so on the north section of sorrento valley road I turned it on and held 20+ for ~ the last flat mile and brought the avg up to 17.5 :) thats a record for me esp solo :)



Activity
Route:Sorrento Valley RouteElev. Avg:199 ft
Location:La Jol, CAElev. Gain:+3 ft
Date:07/24/07Up/Downhill: [+1840/-1837]
Time:06:00 PMDifficulty:4.2 / 5.0
 
Weather:Fair
 71F temp; 68% humidity
 71F heat index; winds SW 7
Performance

Distance: 19.97 miles
Time:1:08:16
Speed:17.6 mph
Pace:3' 25 /miHeart Rate:171 bpm (Avg)
Calories:1058194 bpm (Peak)
Map
Sorrento Valley, California
 
Elevation (ft.)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: