Sunday, December 14, 2008


Well I got up at the crack of damn.... well pre dawn.... well saturday night..... up at 5am on the road by 5:20 I got up to Palos Verde (sick town by the way) at 7:20.... yea I was the first racer there reg wasn't even open... at least I wasn't late :)

I tossed the seats back in the E and took a 20min nap. Just before 8am I started gearing up, it was fucking freezing out! sub 40 for sure. I tossed all all the clothing I had and got my number. I took a practice lap headed back to the car and dropped a layer. Took another practice lap was feeling ok but nervous. I headed back to the car and dropped down to just my jersey, bibs, knee warmers, and arm warmers.... Yup I raced all clad in spandex....

Got up to the line and tried to get a decent starting spot. They didn't do cal ups so but I let the guys that looked like they knew what they were doing take the front row I took 3rd row.

The bell rung and I got clipped in on the first shit and passed a few people going into the first turn and then I passed about 3 more in the second turn. I was in the top 3 as we headed up the first climb I lost a couple spots right here as a went out HARD at the start. But then I figured I was in 6-8th and settled in. there was one guy right behind me and I was keeping him off me. We hit the main decent and I was feeling ok but not that comfy on the road bike possession on the dirt.

turned up the 2nd climb this one was a run up with 2 boards and the guy behind me passed me, I remounted right behind him and chased him down the hill, in the next turn her took too much speed in to the corner and ran wide I took him on the inside. He was behind me back thru the start finish and I stayed ahead of him on the climb, we dismounted at the 1st board and ran across the water crossing I remounted and lost my chain...... so he passed me :(

I stayed close for the next 2 laps and I could see him at the sharp turns. On the last lap I tried to turn it up a bit but in the end I came up about 30yrds short of catching :(

Lots of lessons learned!

1.) get there early (well maybe not 1:45 early) and do at least 2 practiced laps and then prob go back and at least do the tricky parts a couple more times.

2.) I can go harder! I def could have gone harder and with only a 30min race I can go almost ALL out! I had way too much left in my tank at the end

3.) this is alot of fun and will def be a main concentration on mine next fall!!!







Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:316 ft
Location:--Elev. Gain:+0 ft
Date:12/14/08Up/Downhill: [+216/-216]
Time:09:00 AMDifficulty:1.4 / 5.0
Performance

Distance: 1.24 miles
Time:0:33:13
Speed:2.2 mph
Pace:27' 16 /miHeart Rate:180 bpm (Avg)
Calories:607190 bpm (Peak)
Map
 
Elevation (ft)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: