Wednesday, August 22, 2007


Another good ride at mission trails.

First ride back in clipless pedals and...... I crashed 2 times :) Both on technical climbs where I couldn't get my feet out :)

One thing that caught me by surprise was my lack of confidence on the downhills...... feed back from the pedals to the shoe was so strange.... just couldn't figure out what the bike was telling me.... It will come with time.

I cleared the first tuff climb, but the second one is where I biffed 2X.... I then felt the great advantage of the pedals on the short steep ups you can totally crank and accelerate up the climbs. Didn't clear S turns either as I was too affair of falling over again.

Its harder than a normal XC bike as my IF has a super slack headtube angle it wheelies and I loose my balance. Loose your balance and you fall over..... So I need to start attacking the climbs harder keeping more speed and momentum and climbing out of the saddle to keep the front end down!

We'll see how it goes next week, no more XC this week.

Road friday then noble Canyon Saturday.

Activity
Route:52 LoopElev. Avg:667 ft
Location:La Mesa, CAElev. Gain:+16 ft
Date:08/22/07Up/Downhill: [+1213/-1197]
Time:05:30 PMDifficulty:3.5 / 5.0
 
Weather:A Few Clouds
 71F temp; 68% humidity
 71F heat index; winds W 8
Performance

Distance: 6.67 miles
Time:1:12:47
Speed:5.5 mph
Pace:10' 55 /miHeart Rate:156 bpm (Avg)
Calories:338192 bpm (Peak)
Map
Mission Trails, California
 
Elevation (ft.)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: