Wednesday, August 29, 2007


Well wanted to punish myself today. I pushed hard on every climb, even the small ones.

I am so bad at getting dropped on short climbs. So I tried to hold the tempo I had on the section before up the small climbs grinding out even sprinting at times (like on the San Dieuito decent)

The first climb I followed Joe's wheel and he road a good tempo, when we hit the 2nd part of the climb, I put the hammer down! We held at least 17 mph up the climb (not exactly sure as I forgot my HR monitor and computer) But based on my gearing we were flying. Man did that hurt we hit the stop light at Camino Del Sur and I didn't even have the legs to accelerate again.... after a slow climb up Camino Del Sur the legs came back and I tried again to put the hammer down on a small climb but 3/4 of the way up I let up as I just didn't have the legs (and I dropped Joe for a change)
Did Torrey Pines outside but felt pretty good, much better than the last time I did it.



Activity
Route:San Dieguito RoadElev. Avg:158 ft
Location:La Jol, CAElev. Gain:+0 ft
Date:08/28/07Up/Downhill: [+2608/-2608]
Time:05:00 PMDifficulty:4.2 / 5.0
 
Weather:Fair
 81F temp; 45% humidity
 81F heat index; winds NW 9
Performance

Distance: 30.49 miles
Time:1:52:00
Speed:16.3 mph
Pace:3' 41 /mi
Calories:1736
Map
Sorrento valley, California
 
Elevation (ft.)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: