Sunday, November 18, 2007

12hrs of Temecula


Ok the 12hrs of Temecula is done and may I say this was harder than I thought! But it was a damn fun.
We started out with a quick tune and pack Thursday night.

Friday we headed up to the campsite and set up.

Early Saturday (6am) we reg’d under the name “The Friggin Bone Heads”

9am Matt was off for the first lap! He pulled down a 1:08 lap and we were in great shape! Garey went 2nd and thru down a sub 1hr lap (~57mins?) I was up next and didn’t feel good from the start (First lesson learned bring a road bike and trainer to warm up and I think my adrenaline got the best of me as my HR was in the 180’s whole lap!) Stats for my first lap, 1:13:19 avg HR 183! Max Hr 193, calories burned 1434….. yea I went out way to hard…. This course had NO flats you were either going up or going down I mean look at the topo! ~10miles 1500’ vert no flats…. I was disappointed and tired….
Joe was up next and rocked out a ~1:08! Good work! Matt went out and bettered his first lap and Garey then turned in another sub 1hr lap.

My second lap was up and I was tired but wanted to do good! I started out slower and didn’t peg the HR right off the bat, I was a couple minutes up at the half way point but wasn’t feeling the second climb so I dialed it back to save some for the decent (so I could at least enjoy it) I walked that whole climb (it was bascilly designed as a 80% walk climb it was named “burning calves”) I ripped the decent and had way more fun but turned in a 1:18:36 avg HR 179, Max HR 193, 1456 calories.
Joe took the hand off for our last lap as we were all tired and DONE! He did the only lap in the dark out of all of us!
Good times! Much harder than I thought it would be but very fun!


Activity
Route:12hrs Temecula fall 07Elev. Avg:1731 ft
Location:Aguanga, CAElev. Gain:+6 ft
Date:11/17/07Up/Downhill: [+1459/-1453]
Time:11:00 AMDifficulty:4.1 / 5.0
 
Weather:Mostly Cloudy with Haze
 65 F temp; 65% humidity
 65 F heat index; winds SE 3
Performance

Distance: 9.78 miles
Time:1:13:00
Speed:8.0 mph
Pace:7' 30 /miHeart Rate:183 bpm (Avg)
Calories:339193 bpm (Peak)
Map
Aguanga, California
 
Elevation (ft)
 

Posted from bimactive.com




1 comment:

Unknown said...

i had an awesome time