Saturday, November 3, 2007


Wow what a cool/odd ride.

Got a late start had a headache was really tired.... Get going and I'm thinking in my head oh boy I'm gonna suck today.

But as we got going I warmed up and the advil kicked in and was feeling ok.

Then we saw a SDFD rescue helicopter doing manuvers out in the canyon when the chopper came straight at us a guy stepped out onto the skids and ropped down to us! was really cool! Guy just said hi and the chopper came around and hooked him to a winch and pulled him up! So that was the first long stop.

So onto the single track felt ok, hit the gate and made our way to the sycamore canyon road climb, felt really good but got smoked by Garey.

Jeff (new guy) wasn't feeling good, nauseous we sat for a few mins but he wasn't feeling good so he called for a ride home. (second long stop)

We made our way up the last climb and descended into Martha's Grove and WTF! a lill mini bulldozer was used to clear the trail a bit and it fucking turned all the corners into SAND! damn it! I was cursing and moaning at each corner as I couldn't hold speed and it was really making me angry damn land management thinks a mini bulldozer is a great way to do trail maintenance...... aholes!

made our way back to the gate and into the single track again, where Garey went down a bit hard..... We were ripping and he was in the groove up till then, then I came really close to the same fate! but I got luck and saved it.....

Back out to the road where to my surprise I was holding a gap to garey... the new setup really shined here I was mostly in my big ring! (that is a 32 for me :) I couldn't catch garey but I held the gap.

We made it to the cobles I cleared the up and down and cranked thru all the rocks (damn that is hard) but I felt really good! really good! so I guess all those breaks were god :)

Plus I smashed my mileage goal for the year with 2 months felt to go!



Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:600 ft
Location:Santee, CAElev. Gain:+0 ft
Date:11/03/07Up/Downhill: [+1184/-1184]
Time:10:01 AMDifficulty:4.0 / 5.0
 
Weather:Clear
 72 F temp; 39% humidity
 72 F heat index; winds Calm
Performance

Distance: 16.24 miles
Time:2:48:00
Speed:5.8 mph
Pace:10' 21 /mi
Calories:828
Map
 
Elevation (ft)
 
Speed (mph)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: