Tuesday, September 18, 2007


After work ride today.

Garey set down a pretty hard pace. Killed me at the start but I stayed on.

On the hill to Delmar I let Matt and Garey drop me a bit. Then I kept my pace up, I caught then on the turn back onto the PCH then I picked up the pace! Kept growing a gap all the way to The climb at torrey pines. At the base of the climb I sat up a couple times to see if I could find them. But I couldn't see then....but they were there.

with 25% of the hill togo I saw Garey starting to reel me in :( with 10% togo he had caught me I dropped it down a gear and picked up my pace but he matched me..... it was inevitable then with about 150 yards left garey passed me and shifted down a gear I tried to hold his pace (which at that point was 13 mph) bit U couldn't hang :(

I dropped back down to 10-11mph and Garey beat me to the top :(

It was a valiant effort but I just couldn't take it to Garey he's just to good! Koodos to Garey for PWN'ing me.

I tried to keep the pace up on the flat on the way to the decent. Matt caught me on the decent down the 5, and on the approach to the parking lot I said to Matt "one more good push?"

We took off again, held about 22mph Matt jumped out. I held his wheel and at Symbolic I shifted down and passed Matt. I pushed hard but held him off to the lot :)

I was spent! Matt's legs were shaking like crazy! (he hadn't ridden in awhile)

Glad I could hang tuff, feeling good for mexico in 2 weeks

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:151 ft
Location:Del Mar, CAElev. Gain:-20 ft
Date:09/18/07Up/Downhill: [+1348/-1368]
Time:05:30 PMDifficulty:4.1 / 5.0
 
Weather:Fair
 67F temp; 65% humidity
 67F heat index; winds W 8
Performance

Distance: 19.56 miles
Time:1:14:28
Speed:15.8 mph
Pace:3' 48 /miHeart Rate:163 bpm (Avg)
Calories:866192 bpm (Peak)
Map
 
Elevation (ft.)
 
Speed (mph)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: