Friday, October 24, 2008


First ride in on the CX bike. I set out just before dawn with the Santa Anna blowing the sky was all orange and red really nice am.

But since there were no clouds it was chilly could have used booties. Started out ok getting used to the shifting on the double 12-25 setup (36-46 up front) Mostly rode in big ring. Was running a bit behind at the 52 but not that bad.

Hit miramar and had a wheel sucker for a bit was really surprised the guy didn't come around and take a pull or just pass me as I was riding slow. But I dropped him on the climb to the 15 up Carol Cyn road. Over the 15 and past the high school I was feeling like crap lungs 1-10 were @ a 3! dry air missed a couple doses of asmanex = feeling like I had a chest cold....

Across the 15 path over the pass to saber springs and the temps dropped like 10 deg! brrrrr soft pedaled up to work in what was the worst time I have ever had to work but hey I 'm on a new bike (heavier and slower) and feel like crap not that bad.

Activity
Route:Claremont to workElev. Avg:433 ft
Location:San Diego/Montgomery Field, CAElev. Gain:+252 ft
Date:10/24/08Up/Downhill: [+1246/-994]
Time:06:30 AMDifficulty:3.9 / 5.0
Performance

Distance: 17.84 miles
Time:1:13:46
Speed:14.5 mph
Pace:4' 08 /miHeart Rate:165 bpm (Avg)
Calories:1114187 bpm (Peak)
Map
Mission Beach, California
 
Elevation (ft)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: