Thursday, October 16, 2008

Night Lap

I head back to the tent with more in my gas tank then I had hoped the stops did let me rest on the trail but I could have shaved a couple more mins off easy :(
I eat a bit of pasta and some potatoes and drink lots of water, nap a bit as the wind dies down a bit but blows at a good clip non the less.
Night falls and its my turn on the night lap.

Feeling good I head out but damn is it cold out! I am wearing an undershirt, long sleeve jersey, and a light shell, bibs, knee warmers, noeprene socks and a cycling cap under the helmet.
I could have def used toe warmers and a fleece hat. But once I'm cranking I feel ok.

Up the main climb I'm picking not so great lines = me running up a lot of stuff I road in the light. I get to the top if the main climb and I'm realizing my bar light is kinda dim... Think its time for a proper bar light!

I take a couple wrong turns in the dark as the course is just an open section really and no defined path its screwing up my flow for sure.

Hit the 2nd climb and start cranking feeling a bit better get to the sandy section and run up. Hit the fire road and attempt to crank but I dab like 3-4 times when hitting sandy sections as now in the dark I can't pick the right lines.
I crash at a pretty hi speed in one sand pit that was fun. Angry and frustrated by the sand I crank out the last section was just happy to be around 1:45

Stats
Distance: 14.91 Miles | Climbing Dist: 7.85 mi. |Climb Elevation: 1,360 ft. | Avg Grade: 3%
1:50:51
1642 calories
avg HR 165
Max HR 184



No comments: