Tuesday, January 27, 2009


First night ride in a while, and the first night ride on the new rig. Man night riding can be fun and annoying at the same time. I really just wanted to ride in the warm sunshine instead we had to ride in mid 40's darkness, but it is January so I can't complain :)

Me and Jeff hit up the clairemont mesa side. Due to the Aqua duct project the bridge across the canyon was closed though there was another access point just to the south. That put us on a super steep climb to start though! ouch! and with the cold air both of our lungs were on FIRE at the top of it...

This kinda took the wind out of my sails for the rest of the ride as I just felt like I swallowed a match the rest of the ride. But onward we went across the mesa down past E ticket and over to the 52 climb... man I love how this bike climbs! I cleared the lower stuff with ease and then I cleared the top section (for maybe the 3 or 4th time ever) with no issues no bobbles! then it was down :) and I would drop the seat on the descents and pop it back up on the climbs so cool!

Down Eticket (which is super bad now and I got swallowed up by a rut) across the bottom on the canyon, I was a rec in the rock garden picking weird lines but I did clear over some big rocks...

Then we hit S turns and I was really hoping to top this ride off by clearing it! The lungs were on FIRE but the legs felt good. I was doing good I was about 80% up past all the hard stuff when I tapped a loose rock my rear wheel spun and lost my balance.... damn.... but I dabbled just for a minute and cleared the rest of it.

Then we rode the fire road back a short, slightly painful on the lungs, fun night ride.

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:679 ft
Location:San Diego/Miramar MCAS, CAElev. Gain:+0 ft
Date:01/27/09Up/Downhill: [+1131/-1131]
Time:05:37 PMDifficulty:3.4 / 5.0
 
Weather:Fair
 56 F temp; 48% humidity
 56 F heat index; winds NW 6
Performance

Distance: 6.01 miles
Time:1:13:59
Speed:4.9 mph
Pace:12' 15 /miHeart Rate:162 bpm (Avg)
Calories:390193 bpm (Peak)
Map
 
Elevation (ft)
 
Speed (mph)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: