Monday, January 5, 2009


Ok I'll start it off with Super D.... It was a cold (40's) and drizzly am :( I dragged kerin out of bed and we headed up to grab a fullface helmet from Matt and then over to Vail Lake.

I reg'd ~11:30am and we on the first shuttle up at 12:00... I could already tell my legs were junk :( Hiking and traveling had killed me but its all in fun so I hit the first shuttle slow and scouted.
2nd shuttle @ 1pm headed up and moved a lill quicker though my legs just didn't have the pop to sprint!
We took the final shuttle up ~2pm and I chatted with Eric Carter as he came out to support the local lill race scene (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Carter)



Robert got the race started and I had a crap start and couldn't get clipped in! damnit! I got stuck behind a few slower riders on the first single track section, but once it opened up I passed a couple people and then was on my way, on the lill climb I passed another rider and got in a better groove. We hit the BMX park and I should have been pumping stuff and railing berms but my legs didn't have the snap to sprint out of the corners like I can....
I ended up in 2nd sport 19-29.... but could have done better (I was also the ONLY guy on a hardtail :)


Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:1786 ft
Location:Pala, CAElev. Gain:-538 ft
Date:01/03/09Up/Downhill: [+75/-613]
Time:12:19 PMDifficulty:1.4 / 5.0
 
Weather:Overcast
 55 F temp; 86% humidity
 55 F heat index; winds Calm
Performance

Distance: 1.60 miles
Time:0:09:25
Speed:10.2 mph
Pace:5' 53 /miHeart Rate:185 bpm (Avg)
Calories:87193 bpm (Peak)
Map
 
Elevation (ft)
 
Speed (mph)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: