Sunday, January 18, 2009

What a ride! First day back on the bike in 2 weeks. First time on the new rig. First impressions are great. The fork is stiff! and the rear doesn't feel like a ton of travel but when you need it (like when me and Joe hucked a much bigger drop then usual it was there and plush!) As far as me... my legs are pistons firing like mad! but the lungs burned and the HR was WAY WAY WAY up hi.... not to be suprised...

The climb up was a bitch as usual but this new geometry is great on the climbs! the rear set on pro pedal the fork set at 100mm and away I went! no hicups no dabs just slow and steady all the way up! Down put the rear to open the fork to 140mm and down we went! man its amazing!

Big observations the longer stem was great on climbs but slow reacting on descents.... the bars were wider then I'm used to but may give it a chance as it gave great leverage out of the saddle climbing. The seat post is the hella sickness! the saddle is ok and one HUGE thing I noticed is my lower back didn't hurt!

My back has been my weak point for years! in the saddle cranking out power puts strain on my lower back and I didn't feel that on this bike! Training begins, gym monday and night ride tuesday :)










Activity
Route:ATT world cupElev. Avg:1699 ft
Location:Alpine, CAElev. Gain:-3 ft
Date:01/18/09Up/Downhill: [+2326/-2329]
Time:10:00 AMDifficulty:4.2 / 5.0
 
Weather:Partly Cloudy
 84 F temp; 14% humidity
 79 F heat index; winds Vrbl 6
Performance

Distance: 11.37 miles
Time:2:38:30
Speed:4.3 mph
Pace:13' 57 /miHeart Rate:166 bpm (Avg)
Calories:2458193 bpm (Peak)
Map
Alpine, California
 
Elevation (ft)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: