Saturday, January 31, 2009


Got up early and hit the road for the first race of many to come in this spring MTB season. This would be my first race in the 30-35 catagory which is much more compedative.

I got there and was reg'd by 8:30 took the next 30mins to try and warm up a bit as I now know that a good start is key! The bell rings and I get a great start! nail my pedal the first time and I'm in a good spot amongst the Experts.

We hit the first climb which was the bridges switch backs and I'm a bit redlined from the pace, legs are good lungs are burning!!! The dragons back was fun I was rocking that decent! We cut up the ambulance road and down the tunnel of love and over the whoops. 35min lap, I was feeling good but I thought I needed to dial it back a bit. So I did and while I cleared the whole course again (no dabs at all!) I was 4mins slower:( 39 mins.... Yea

I dialed it back too much, not really in any one spot just on the climbs in general. Ended up 7th in 30-35 the 4mins would have gotta me 5th :( Live and learn as I learned to get a good start and I did and now I know never let up! NEVER!

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:1682 ft
Location:Aguanga, CAElev. Gain:+7 ft
Date:01/31/09Up/Downhill: [+1617/-1610]
Time:09:01 AMDifficulty:4.2 / 5.0
 
Weather:Fair
 54 F temp; 46% humidity
 54 F heat index; winds SE 3
Performance

Distance: 11.92 miles
Time:1:28:04
Speed:8.1 mph
Pace:7' 24 /miHeart Rate:179 bpm (Avg)
Calories:565192 bpm (Peak)
Map
 
Elevation (ft)
 
Speed (mph)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: