Tuesday, March 3, 2009


Great lunch ride it was the ass kicking I needed :) I wasn't feeling strong last week riding in a group again but I'm getting back in a groove! We went east and down pomerado rd to poway rd. Then it began with the quick bump up to Scripps poway pky I was in 4th with a small gap to the lead 3.

1/4 of the way up the main climb I caught 1 sat on his wheel for a min and made a jump up to the guy in 2nd but the climb was a lill longer then I remember and I couldn't hang with him... But I kept the gap I opened up on the guy I caught and held it to the top! Great work :) we then descended down to Scripps poway pkwy and then took the bike path to poway rd.

Time to climb again this time gradual grade all the way to work. I was again in 3rd but could hang onto the lead 2 as the incline started. I opened up a gap to the guys behind me and held it till camrel mnt where I got stuck at a light and caught the 2nd guy and we were both caught by the 4th.

We stayed together as 3 back to work where I didn't have the legs to fend off the sprint to the parking lot :) Legs felt better and the lungs were great! Fitness is coming back...

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:648 ft
Location:Poway, CAElev. Gain:-46 ft
Date:03/03/09Up/Downhill: [+1643/-1689]
Time:11:38 AMDifficulty:4.2 / 5.0
 
Weather:Fair
 67 F temp; 50% humidity
 67 F heat index; winds NW 7
Performance

Distance: 15.02 miles
Time:1:06:07
Speed:13.6 mph
Pace:4' 25 /mi
Calories:651
Map
 
Elevation (ft)
 
Speed (mph)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: