Sunday, March 8, 2009


Wow I was really up for a pounding today and I gave it to myself.... Started out with a group from Mast and headed up sycamore and to the switch backs climb. I was really ok not a ton of pop but I didn't dab at all and was strong! Up the rest of the climb I was feeling ok (I think I was feeling good but these days I think back to this fall when my legs had great pop I think I am still as fast just feeling like I'm plateauing)

Then we hit the switch back descent and cleared it all! great conditions :) Now we did a few water crossings and over a new downed Tree that was a fun obstacle. Thru the canyon and to the gate I was feeling good.

We went up past the ranger station and I hit the short steep in my middle ring and banged it out! to the main road and we tried a new climb out but it dead ended at a private land gate so we turned around headed up the main climb to the top of Martha's. The new guy was on it and beat me to the top but only by a couple bike lengths and I knew we had along more riding to go!

Down Martha's this was the first time I rode our trail work there and it was was cool and Uber tech as usual but the conditions was bad and really sandy! Odd for this time of year. I turned up the speed on the next section and middle ringed it up the next quick climb.

We ran into a couple angry horse people and it was back off to the gate. Thru sycamore canyon this section never never disappoints! I was feeling good and quick, and we headed thru to the south side and I was cruising! We hit the fun single track on the other side and I turned it up!

I hammered all the ups and downs in my middle ring the legs we tired but working well. Back to the cars and I bid my friends farewell, we did that section in ~2hrs and I was off to Mission trails now. I entered the equestrian center and headed north up spring and was cranking middle ring! moving well. Once I got deep in Spring and the trail really started to go up I hit a wall!!!! my lack of breakfast was hitting me and I went into survival mode!

I only dabbed once going up spring where I almost got passed by local pro Chuck Jenkins but I kept up a decent pace and he didn't catch me ( I know he wanted too :) I stopped and ate some sport beans and shot blocks and drank some water and soft pedaled over to Oak Canyon and was feeling a lot better. Down Oak and then turned left and up the switch back climb. I cleared everything!!! all the switch backs!!!! I took it slow as my goal was not speed but to clear it! and I nailed it! Down the barrels (always fun!) and I finished uber strong back to the car! great ride:)

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:614 ft
Location:Santee, CAElev. Gain:+3 ft
Date:03/07/09Up/Downhill: [+2942/-2939]
Time:08:02 AMDifficulty:4.4 / 5.0
 
Weather:Partly Cloudy
 57 F temp; 55% humidity
 57 F heat index; winds Calm
Performance

Distance: 30.31 miles
Time:3:52:31
Speed:7.8 mph
Pace:7' 42 /mi
Calories:1497
Map
 
Elevation (ft)
 
Speed (mph)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: