Wednesday, March 11, 2009


So we were up for a bit longer ride then the usual, but I was gonna cut out the trip up torrey pines are it was a lunch ride. We headeded out over Carmel Mnt and did that climb on the Northside of the 56 Jim went out pretty hard and I tried to follow, I saw him up shift at one point and I jumped on it and passed him but he pipped me at the very top. Down the desecnt I stayed just in touch and we hit the 56 trail and that was the end of us seeing the rest of the group :) Jim was doing 75% of the work I really tried to do my fair share but the the head wind out of the west it was tough work to be up front I tried and burned a match each time I was up front. We worked hard all the way to the end of the trail.
Jim was heading to do a longer ride so I turned around and headed back the way I came. I cruised out till I got to the base of the Del Sur climb and I kept a good cadence and killed it, then I got to the Black mnt climb. I wanted to put in a good effort and I kept a nice push up the hill and def felt like I put in a nice effort. I then put my hands in the drops and cranked out the next section man this tail wind was nice. Final climb was a steep short one and I pounded it out and felt good. Over to Saber Springs and the slow climb back up to work great lunch ride!

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:388 ft
Location:Poway, CAElev. Gain:-13 ft
Date:03/10/09Up/Downhill: [+2080/-2093]
Time:11:16 AMDifficulty:4.2 / 5.0
 
Weather:Fair
 54 F temp; 56% humidity
 54 F heat index; winds Vrbl 3
Performance

Distance: 25.11 miles
Time:1:30:50
Speed:16.6 mph
Pace:3' 37 /mi
Calories:1158
Map
 
Elevation (ft)
 
Speed (mph)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: