Saturday, March 21, 2009


Great short lunch ride! We set out and I told myself to take it easy but 2 guys jumped off the front early I let um go but I'm not sure why but I wanted to reel them in.... I put my head down and hands in the drops (I've been riding in the drops more and more getting used to a better aero position in the wind) I could see then way ahead on the long flat stretch and they were working together but I knew I could pull um in.

At the base of the climb I caught them! but as we started the climb I fell off from the effort of the catch. I tried to keep the gap manageable so I could try and attack toward the top. The guy up front was gone! but the 2nd guy was fading, and with 100 yrds left I came out of the saddle and caught and passed him holding a small gap to the top :) I chilled out after that and enjoyed the cruise back :)

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:695 ft
Location:Poway, CAElev. Gain:-23 ft
Date:03/19/09Up/Downhill: [+935/-958]
Time:11:41 AMDifficulty:3.7 / 5.0
Performance

Distance: 11.99 miles
Time:0:51:37
Speed:13.9 mph
Pace:4' 19 /mi
Calories:527
Map
 
Elevation (ft)
 
Speed (mph)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: