Saturday, March 14, 2009


Great race today. The weather was really cold and I wasn't ready for the cold but lucky me I had my rain jacket and a IP skully in my bag.

I warmed up by heading up the ridge and down the whoops, and checked out the start. it was warming up alill but still cold. I took the hat off while lining up but kept the jacket. We did this odd nuetral start which took us out a fire road and into single track... well stuffing all those people in a single track wasn't good and it backed up bad! I tried to fight forward but it had to go single file. Thru the start finish I was like well there goes my good start....

From now on I'm getting up in the front with the pros/experts.... We head up to the top of milatary climb and then down it, back around and start heading toward the bridges climb.

I really like this climb as it is tech at the bottom and weeds out people who maybe fit but can't handle their bike. I had a guy in front of me who didn't look that tech savy so I red lined it to pass him right before the first switch back and don't ya know it he dabbed and held a ton of people up on the 2nd switch back :) (score one for scott) Up the rest of the climb it hurt but I was moving good, down the main descent I couldn't see a thing my damn glasses were all fogged up!

I got down and on the next climb I got them off and in my pocket. Now the sun came out... great and I'm sweating like crazy with this jacket on I open up the zipper and my jersey zipper, pull up the sleeves its better but not great. I hit the tunnel of love and the damn jack pops open like a parachute..... damn it.

I zip it back up and just deal with it. I'm cruising and feeling good, the 2nd lap I picked it up a bit and def was faster up the switch backs and pushed hard up top. I flew down the descent this time as I cool see :) up the ambulance road I kept in in middle ring and pushed hard (feeling almost sick at the top and alill light headed...) down the tunnel of love and back in. Lap 1 36 mins lap 2 35 mins....

I was feeling ok, I took that damn jacket off and I was SOAKED! but it felt great. I grabbed my camel back and GPS and went and did a 3rd lap def at a slower pace. I cleared everything and gave some encouraging words to some of the expert riders still out on course (mainly a SS guy that was hurtin) Great stepping stone for Los Olivos.

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:1684 ft
Location:Aguanga, CAElev. Gain:-56 ft
Date:03/14/09Up/Downhill: [+849/-905]
Time:10:23 AMDifficulty:3.3 / 5.0
 
Weather:Overcast
 56 F temp; 71% humidity
 56 F heat index; winds E 7
Performance

Distance: 6.36 miles
Time:0:47:12
Speed:8.1 mph
Pace:7' 24 /mi
Calories:302
Map
 
Elevation (ft)
 
Speed (mph)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: