Tuesday, April 29, 2008


After pushing myself to the limit I learned that Jeff had done the same and that he puked and was in bad shape :( He had hit the top of the main climb in ~5mins faster than me and blew up from there. So after talking to Joe, and his ultra-endurance-athlete knowledge he said stop racing and just ride!

So going out at ~1:30 am I did just that I just ground out the climb in my granny and had fun on the descents, night brought about a few odd things. It was Cold at the start it took the whole fire road to get my muscles warmed up by I was too burnt to jump on the trainer and spin to warm up.

As I climbed up it got warmer..... once at the top it was nice, the wildlife was crazy, desert rats (mostly dead from getting run over) everywhere, clear scorpions (the really poisonous ones) where scattered about the trail, and about 1,000,000 different types of big spiders.... it was good motivation to not stop or get off your bike. I felt surprisingly good, my legs were responding when I wanted a quick push out of them and my HR was way down!

I made one stop to help what turned out to be the solo women's leader who had a lill crash on a climb when she couldn't get out of her pedal, she was riding a single speed 29er...... She was pretty out of it, but kept going. I then was on the decent and while I wasn't really taking the chances I was on my 2nd lap I was having fun!

My lights worked great and I was passing people left and right :) I ran up most of the short steep climbs but was enjoying the rolling terrain more. I finished out quick and felt good.

Activity
Route:24hr at vail lakeElev. Avg:1707 ft
Location:Aguanga, CAElev. Gain:+23 ft
Date:04/26/08Up/Downhill: [+1358/-1335]
Time:02:00 AMDifficulty:4.1 / 5.0
Performance

Distance: 10.60 miles
Time:1:22:28
Speed:7.7 mph
Pace:7' 48 /miHeart Rate:165 bpm (Avg)
Calories:1327183 bpm (Peak)
Map
Aguanga, California
 
Elevation (ft)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: