Tuesday, April 29, 2008


Here it is the Beantown Boneheads hit up the 24hrs at Vail Lake!


I was up for the start I prep'd by staying cool if I could as temps were in the mid 90's by 11am, spun on the trainer for ~15mins. Got to the line and jogged the lemans start trying to keep the HR down and not get to my bike last. Hit the course and while I tried not to I went out pretty hard.

Me on the start



I road thru the sand pit, hit the fire road and proceeded to pass a bunch of people who obviously went out too hard on the run. Into the main climb, there was a bit of traffic that tossed me off a few lines, but not too bad. I passed a few peeps and got passed by a few. Once at the top I Rocked the decent passing people left and right and thats when I realized that the main climb was only one of many. The course was full of short steep climbs, I hit more traffic on those short steep climbs as people would make it up 80% and didn't have the juice to get up the whole thing, I rocked the descents and only dabbed 2-3 times on the whole lap! Heat was BAD!

"What did they do bury fuckin heaters under the dirt! the sand feels like it on fire" some british guy riding with me. The legs felt great, the lungs a bit irritated from the hot dry air, the stomach was a mess.... the heat really put the hurt on my stomach by mile 8 I was getting vomitious and dialed it back to stop the digestional pyrotechnics.

I finished up strong and jumped right into the pool chami and all which was 70F and shocked the crap out of me! but got my body temp down. I then drank ~2 liters of gatorade, 2 potatoes, and ~1/2 a lb of pasta.

Activity
Route:24hr at vail lakeElev. Avg:1707 ft
Location:Aguanga, CAElev. Gain:+23 ft
Date:04/25/08Up/Downhill: [+1358/-1335]
Time:12:00 PMDifficulty:4.1 / 5.0
Performance

Distance: 10.60 miles
Time:1:15:55
Speed:8.4 mph
Pace:7' 09 /miHeart Rate:183 bpm (Avg)
Calories:1375196 bpm (Peak)
Map
Aguanga, California
 
Elevation (ft)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: