Tuesday, April 8, 2008


Good ride, cloudy day, cold.... wasn't feeling it on the start, but once we hit the bike trail I put the hammer down! wanted to feel out Joe and he was hanging!

We it the next climb and I was feeling a bit burnt went out a lill hard.... took a long pull on the slight climb west into a stiff head wind. on the climb up to the 101 Joe put the hammer down early to discourage my attacks, but I gave him about 30 feet for a bit and once I saw him slowing abit I put in a HUGE effort! and sprinted away. felt strong on the climb up thru delmar no lill ring so far all day.

Hit torrey pines and the cross wind on the decent killed us coming up to the climb. Joe was looking good on the start he started putting the hurt on me, but about half way up the climb I went all in! I sprinted all out for 15 sec, and almost popped! I struggled to hold the gap I opened up. but I held a 30yard gap on Joe to the top.

My lungs were on fire! and chest was heavy! seriously didn't feel good at all, but after about 1min I looked at my HR was 120 BPM.... crazy good recovery! but I still felt like crap, on the ensuing section I spun the legs out and felt better.

It was a great ride!

Activity
Route:Carmel MntElev. Avg:117 ft
Location:La Jol, CAElev. Gain:+7 ft
Date:04/08/08Up/Downhill: [+1427/-1420]
Time:05:30 PMDifficulty:4.1 / 5.0
 
Weather:Overcast
 57 F temp; 66% humidity
 57 F heat index; winds W 10
Performance

Distance: 20.53 miles
Time:1:19:47
Speed:15.4 mph
Pace:3' 54 /miHeart Rate:161 bpm (Avg)
Calories:1181191 bpm (Peak)
Map
La Jolla, California
 
Elevation (ft)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: