Sunday, June 8, 2008


Great ride around san diego bay! Left my house ~3pm with the goal of grabing the 6:30pm ferry back to SD from Coranado.

Down around the bay I was feeling good, it was odd getting used to my new Chrome Backbone bag packed with some food, extra water, sandles, a hat, a magazine for the boat ride, Ulock, iphone, wallet and keys.

I hit the Pacific hiway and made my way to the ferry ticket office. I bought my ticket early as if I just made the boat then I'd have my ticket.

Down thru National City this ride is insanely flat. So my legs felt well and the cross wind wasn't bad.

I got to IB in ~1:20 and looked at my watch and figured I could make the 5:30 ferry if I moved, so I hit the gas and pushed pretty hard up the strand thru a nasty cross/headwind.

But I cruised out past the golf course and to Coranado in just under 2hrs! nice! chilled on the beach before the ferry came, hitched a ride across the bay.

Then back up the Pacific hiway and then up Balboa to my house, I took it pretty easy on the climb. Great ride! fun times!





Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:38 ft
Location:Mission Beach, CAElev. Gain:-7 ft
Date:06/08/08Up/Downhill: [+675/-682]
Time:03:04 PMDifficulty:3.5 / 5.0
 
Weather:Fair
 64 F temp; 67% humidity
 64 F heat index; winds SW 8
Performance

Distance: 44.68 miles
Time:3:31:51
Speed:12.7 mph
Pace:4' 43 /miHeart Rate:158 bpm (Avg)
Calories:2246181 bpm (Peak)
Map
 
Elevation (ft)
 
Speed (mph)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: