Saturday, May 9, 2009

RR

Well I had high hopes for this race but life got in the way a bit :) BUt the fun never ends :)

I went out way too late and ate way too much mexican food the night before and I was tired and my stomach was killing me this am.... not a good start...

Got to vail lake warmed up with Kerry and could just tell the legs were gonna hate me today... no matter I'm gonna have fun :) and that I did!

The start was prob my best start ever! I was 2nd row and got really up front! I mean I was sitting 4-5 wheel going into the first climb but that is where that ended :) I got passed by like 8 guys right there (not all in my case but some were) Down and around the marine crops climb and it wasn't thinning out this crew had come to play!

Up to bridges and we caught the back end of the Experts (who had a 1 min head start) I passed a couple experts (why not they are doing more laps :) and actually passed a few peeps in the switch backs! We got to the first saddle and here is where Robert (race director) decided to get midevil on our asses... instead of climbing more then ging down we went down dragons back and down burning calves... (where a guy in front of me almost lost it and if he did my only option was gonna be to manual and run his ass over:) Down the jump trail and all the way back to the start finish...

He is where he got evil... we did the whoops backwards then climbed the entire ambulance road! all the way back up! (no tunnel of love) then down marlin ridge and then all the way up gun slinger! That hurt! back around to teh start finish I was moving well but feeling like junk! 45mins on the first lap.... hit the 2nd lap and I started to dog it... got passed by a couple guys and was feeling ill....

I recovered and said to myslef just turn it down and have fun your not even gonna come close today.... So I did I settled into a more fun pace and enjoyed the sunshine. Up the ambulence road then I rocked the desecnt up gun slinger and down and then I saw that group that passed me early on fading.... nice! there was a quick up hill that I hammered and at the top they were with in 100yrds... I new I could catch them on the hairy desecnt to come and exiting that last turn I was right on thier wheel!

Only the fire road to go, I get right in my big ring and get on the 3rd guys wheel.... The guy at the front turns up the gas we are moving and I'm thinking ah no way they have more kick then me :(

But we hit a small sand pit and I bust out of the draft and roost thru the sand!!!! yup HR hit hi of the day there 194!!! I hit the pavement look back the guys are not with in reach! I cross the finish wait for them to catch and say nice race...

Rults come up yup they were both in my cat :) piped by the fat guy :) 7th on the day.... could have been better but could have been worse :)

Summary
Name: Racers and Chasers Finally
Type: Mountain Biking - Race
Date: 05/09/2009
Start: 09:20:00
End: 10:53:00
Time Taken: 01:33:17
Workout Weight: 147.0 lbs.
Workout Route: Racers and Chasers Finally
Total Distance: 15.02 mi.
Burned: 1,664 (kcal)
Effort:
Quality:


Workout Stats
Pace: 38:37 (min) 06:28 (avg) 02:25 (max)
Speed: 1.55 (mi/hr) (min) 9.26 (mi/hr) (avg) 24.66 (mi/hr) (max)
HR: 90 (bpm) (min) 176 (bpm) (avg) 194 (bpm) (max)



View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com

No comments: