Monday, May 25, 2009

Epic in Idyllwild

Epic a word used so easily and plainly when talking about bike rides/races these days.... but I think I can use it here....

Plan was to get up at 6am and on the road by 6:30 am to get to Idyllwild by 8:30... I for some odd reason am all pumped up to go and after sleeping for only a couple hrs I get up at 5am and on the road at 5:30am.... Tired as hell I get to Idyllwild at 7:30 and drop the seats in the E (that thign rules) and pass out for an hr... well more like dodge in and out of sleep for a bit)

8:30 rolls around I roll out of the car pumped to be riding but def not in the shape I'd like to be....

We start out on the 24hr race course and hit the main climb straight out, not a bad climb it was no damn climb but I am sitting like 3rd wheel and hurtin abit the HR just doesn't wanna come up and I'm sleepy :)

We do a rippin fun desecent into a valley and climb a lill more, we turn left and climb more now its time for some fun! we hit a nice single track down! and I'm feeking scketchy not sure why... then BAM!!! I'm on my face! literally front wheel turns after grabing some air left shoulder and face hit the ground.... my face is covered in dirt my visor hits my nose.... I'm ok just shaken up... yea lesson learned HURT OFF YOUR LOCK OUT WHEN DESENDING!!! had teh hero cam on the bike so footage to come...

So I enjoyed the down a lill bit but was takin it easy biudling the confidence back up. We get down then climb the same fire road back up and hit another down... now I'm havin fun! rippin along roosting corners, I'm leading now and rippin down :) I have no idea where I;m going buts its fun!

We get down and I'm feeling like myself again just alill slow on the climbs, we hit another single track they are tight! can't open it up but lots of tech fun climbs and downs, we find a lill drop and I session it a bit finally hitting the bigger side of it :) Yea I'm back :)

We go thru endless single track for the next oh 3hrs before stopping for lunch and man I can use it! fig bar, PB&J, and I kill my camel back.... still got 1hr+ to ride but I'm well hydrated and we got great weather.

We hit some of the funnest single track on the way back to the race course, lill drops, lots of big rocks, hits, and a really fun big roll in that I try 2X to ride the nose down, I could only get the rear a few inches off the ground coming down but it was afun! thru some really cool logs and rocks and back to the fire road and to the race course.

Now its time to go down!!!! and down we go! rippin and flying the trail is really loose over hard pack so I'm sliding all around but its fun! (I've started to get use to the this socal stuff) WOW so much fun, half the group splits off and we option another climb that is part of the race course, nothing nasty just grinder lill bit of tech up, fun dare I say even at hr 4.... We hit another rippin descent! rocks walls, lill hits good stuff, then back to the car!



I down some choc cold soy milk and some sport beans and we are packed up and off to our 2nd ride of teh day :) I quick shuttle run down Thomas Mnt.

We drop my car at the bettom and drive up the 1700' to the top. Random spoting of the day Tinker Juarez was coming down as we were driving up.... the guy is a machine!wasn't feeling at the top the dirt road bumpy car ride had made me a bit car sick.... But it was on! ~5 miles of down to come NO CLIMBS!

I get out front and to my surprise I start to feel a lill better and am GONE! lots of tight switch backs, loose rocks, tight trails, and I'm loving it! We stop a could times to regroup I'm just chillin up front rippin around takin some fun lines and enjoying the ride!

short ride but fun and well worth the drive! Time for a burrito and the 2hr drive home a 2 ride Epic in Idyllwild comes to an end.

Hurkey Creek
Summary
Name: Hurkey Creek
Type: Mountain Biking - General
Date: 05/24/2009
Start: 09:00:00
End: 13:28:00
Time Taken: 04:27:51
Workout Weight: 150.0 lbs.
Workout Route: Hurkey Creek
Total Distance: 20.07 mi.
Burned: 2,955 (kcal)
Effort:
Quality:


Workout Stats
Pace: 59:07 (min) 13:19 (avg) 02:30 (max)
Speed: 1.01 (mi/hr) (min) 4.5 (mi/hr) (avg) 23.92 (mi/hr) (max)
HR: 90 (bpm) (min) 142 (bpm) (avg) 175 (bpm) (max)

View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com



Thomas Mnt.
Summary
Name: Thomas Mnt
Type: Mountain Biking - General
Date: 05/24/2009
Start: 15:30:00
End: 16:11:00
Time Taken: 00:40:52
Workout Weight: 150.0 lbs.
Workout Route: Thomas Mnt
Total Distance: 4.02 mi.
Burned: 394 (kcal)
Effort:
Quality:


Workout Stats
Pace: 37:25 (min) 10:10 (avg) 03:13 (max)
Speed: 1.6 (mi/hr) (min) 5.9 (mi/hr) (avg) 18.62 (mi/hr) (max)


View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com

No comments: