Tuesday, May 6, 2008


Grey day almost didn't ride, but we realized a little drizzle wasn't gonna make us melt. so after leaving my bike at home I headed home and grabbed my gear and headed to Joe's form there we went to his work to grab Matt and off and up Torrey pines we went.

From the start at Joe's I wasn't feeling uber hit, legs a bit slow to respond. was warmed up once we got to get Matt and then we went over to the water.

Torrey Pines was INSANE! it all started when Matt put the hammer down at the bottom. I hung with Joe but Matt was hammering so I dialed it up and took off I thought if I put in a big effort I could catch him. No way I cranked it up and was hurting then I looked at my HR monitor I was in he 190's and we were 15% up the climb so I backed off. Joe caught up and we ran a strong tempo up the climb at about 50% up Matt started to falter I could see his shoulders rocking his form becoming labored... I yelled to Joe "We can catch him!" we picked up the tempo and started to reel him in. I saw him look back and he saw us catching so he got out of the saddle I knew this was it if I let him go he'd be gone. So I dropped the hammer and bridged the gap dropping joe, and I flew past Matt. I knew I didn't have that much but I figured that if I flew by him he'd give up and not try and grab my wheel. It worked for a bit but he caught back on and passed me. I grabbed his wheel immediately and he put in a couple HARD accelerations. I matched all his moves, and then he sat up and I pushed by him braking open ~100 yrd gap. I kept an eye on him as I was loosing speed and couldn't keep the pace the whole time. 90% up and out of nowhere Joe flys past me, I slapped the shifter till I ran out of gears and hammered with everything I had and I catch and pass him and I don't stop putting the hammer down till I get to the top!

That one HURT! but that was fun! after that it took me a few miles to recover, I had a bad cramp in my side and was tired! we then headed down to the Cove and then up the scripps pier climb.

Me and joe had a bit of a gentleman's agreement and just cruised up that climb as it hurts at any pace. We cruised up then back down to joe's house great ride!

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:232 ft
Location:La Jol, CAElev. Gain:+0 ft
Date:05/06/08Up/Downhill: [+1541/-1541]
Time:06:09 PMDifficulty:4.2 / 5.0
 
Weather:Overcast
 57 F temp; 74% humidity
 57 F heat index; winds W 7
Performance

Distance: 19.88 miles
Time:1:29:51
Speed:13.3 mph
Pace:4' 31 /miHeart Rate:154 bpm (Avg)
Calories:909192 bpm (Peak)
Map
 
Elevation (ft)
 
Speed (mph)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

a nauseating hill climb to remember....good ride!