Tuesday, November 18, 2008


9am hits and the gun goes off, no Lemond start, it’s a parade lap around the camp grounds, I get toward the front pack with the pros and spendex clad crowd as I didn’t wanna get caught up in any stupid crashes by people who don’t ride in a pack. And it def did happen behind me.

I hit the course and the fire road up to the main climb and dial it back as I’m out of the craziness. I try and recover a bit from the pinning I gave it on the parade lap, and hit the main climb. I’m getting passed here and there but I’m also passing people. I hit the top in 22mins (that is 3mins faster than fastest time I did in April)

Hit the first decent and pass a handful of uber spandex clad suckers grabbing their brakes like ol ladies…. Hit the technical sections up top and more great climbers with no tech skills getting in my way, there was a great option up top Ride a NASTY loose rocky ravine or take 3 switch backs to the right… I ride the ravine almost die pass like 10 people all piled up in the switch backs SUCKERS!!! Guy behind me follows and I hear him crash out behind me  he was ok at least he was trying to get back on his bike when I looked back.

I bridge the gap to the next group of riders and we hit another switch back section and people are dabbing and walking half on the bike. I dismount toss the bike on my shoulder and run around a handful of people, do a beautiful CX mount and off I go  man I’m liking these CX workouts helping my XC racing also!

We hit the next climb and a couple of the guys/girls I passed on the switch back catch me…. We hit the main decent and I’m mixed in with a group that is ok at descending but not great I see a whole line of peeps ahead so I sit up a bit and try and recover a bit as I’d have to pass like 10 people to get up front and really move. We get to the next climb and I PIN IT!!!! As I know the climb is short and I don’t wanna be behind these people on another decent. I slam it and hit 195!!! As I enter the single track at the top of the climb a guy passes me and I’m like great this guy is gonna hold me up on the tunnel of love (the next SiCK decent) we hit the descent and this guy takes OFF! He is on a hardtail Sworks Carbon, I follow and we are cranking I’m at 187 descending but I’m hanging on. We come up on groups of 2-3 people and he starts BARKING at people to get out of the way and I stay on his wheel using him as a pick! Its was sick at one point there was a quick up and down and I passed a guy as I aired out the top and it was single track and I know my rear wheel was a lill close to the guy I passed I apologized as I speed away (maybe it was a dick move but my momentum was awesome and I wasn’t slowing down!)

We finish the section I thank the guy for his descending skills he says “I’m old I have to use gravity when I can”, I reply “I’m fat I hear ya” we ride tempo together on the next short climb and after a bit he pulls away

There was a fast fire road into a 90 deg left and up what looked like a WALL! No chance at riding it way to steep, I saw it that previous night so on the run up I shifted up to and easy gear, swung my leg over the seat made the turn and CX style ran up it and jumped back on and passed a couple more peeps in the process, damn that move was FAST! . We go thru another section and we hit the option I think was stupid, not being a pussy I ride the sick whoops much to the shagrin of a camera man right there I tried to give him a good shot and dropped a nice rocky line down  Over that hump and hit the run in to the finish and put my head down and cranked!



Activity
Route:12hrs vail lake 08Elev. Avg:1701 ft
Location:Aguanga, CAElev. Gain:-7 ft
Date:11/15/08Up/Downhill: [+1256/-1263]
Time:09:00 AMDifficulty:4.0 / 5.0
Performance

Distance: 10.06 miles
Time:1:05:45
Speed:9.2 mph
Pace:6' 31 /miHeart Rate:181 bpm (Avg)
Calories:1201192 bpm (Peak)
Map
Aguanga, California
 
Elevation (ft)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: