Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lunch Ride

Another killer lunch ride! Headed out to do Monster Cookie (the ride that killed me ~6 weeks ago.

The wind was out in force (south, south west @ 15-20mph) I headed out and took the front (as lot of the fast guys weren't riding) I pulled pretty hard and as I got to Poway road I realized I lost the entire group (mainly at a light but I caught 1 also) I stopped for a min or so and they caught up. i grabbed the front again and pulled to The base of the climb.

I took 2nd wheel on the base of the climb half way up I jumped to the front and with 500 yrds left on the main climb I jumped! and hammered and nobody followed :)

Turned the corner and we rode a good tempo up the rest of the climb with what seemed like a head wind in every direction we rode.... looped around and back down Pomerado i was cranking.

We hit the straight drag that is usually tough up Pomerado (slow open climb) I took 2nd wheel but now we had a sick tail wind and drafting did nothing. I moved to the front but it was an easy pull with the tail wind we flew up that section.

the left and up to work I kept a nice pace, back to work and I felt good (lungs a 6 the legs an 8) this ride was ~4 mins faster then 6 weeks ago and and that day I was following wheels and there was little wind.... nice!



Date: 04/14/2009
Start Time: 11:39:00
End Time: 12:37:00
Time Taken: 00:57:39
Route: Monster Cookie Ride
Total Distance: 17.19 mi.
Burned: 789 (kcal)
Workout Weight: 150.0 lbs.
Effort: Hard
Quality: Good
Pace: 26:07 (min) 03:21 (avg) 01:45 (max)
Speed: 2.29 (mi/hr) (min) 17.89 (mi/hr) (avg) 34.29 (mi/hr) (max)

View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com

No comments: