Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Mission Trails Punishment....

So yesterdays ride HURT!!! I think it was 50% the fact that My stomach hurt and 50% the fact that I put it to myself pretty hard from the get go.

Started out a different way then planned as my GI was so so and didn't feel like doing hill repeats, so I decided a mock race would be better as I could back off and just ride if I had too. Started out and went straight up a decent climb, that set the tone of pain right there (and I think the lack of warm up really shocked my body...) no pausing no dabbing, down the stairs and up to the Mesa, cranking accross the top and down to the 52. I Cleared the steep and the 4 steps up to the ledge. No pausing no rest I dropped the ledge and hit the rollers. Down E-ticket and thru the valley cranking. Dropped it into the granny gear and hit S-turns took some bad lines but my legs had pop today and go myself out of um and CLEARED IT! 2nd time in a row! I do this ride in a group wednesday nights alot and as I did it solo I realized how much I stop to wait.... I didn't unclip to dab at all realizing I usually get 4-5 lill 1-2 min breaks at the top of climbs but I just kept going as I would in a race.

I only dabbed once on the whole ride where on a loose rocky climb I lost traction and dabbed, put my foot back in and started going again no walking! I was kinda mad at myslef for dabbing there so after the decsent I went back around and did the climb again.... I cranked up the cadence and hit the climb again. This time cleared it with authority! I never felt good on this ride. The legs were powerful picking me up out of bad lines when I wavered but my lungs and stomach kept telling me to stop and I wouldn't! In the end I think it was mainly my stomach but also the lack of warm up.....

Date: 04/06/2009
Start Time: 16:57:00
End Time: 18:17:00
Time Taken: 01:19:34
Route: Missiontrails Ride
Total Distance: 9.95 mi.
Burned: 1,115 (kcal)
Workout Weight: 147.0 lbs.
Effort: Hard
Quality: Ok
Pace: 39:38 (min) 07:58 (avg) 02:37 (max)
Speed: 1.51 (mi/hr) (min) 7.5 (mi/hr) (avg) 22.92 (mi/hr) (max)
Elevation
min: 381
Max: 925
Ascent: 994
Descent: 988

View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com

No comments: