Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Santa Ynez pre-ride

Woke up early saturday am and met up with 1 of my new teamates to pre-ride the course. Was really cool as he had raced there before so he knew the course well.

Up the first climb it was steep and I was trying to take it easy the day before the race, fun tight switch backs and had 1 really steep turn!

up a lill more and we passed the DHers at the starting house, man I used to be one of those guys making fun of me and spandex :)

Across the top and down a fun off camber desecent, lots of off chamber. Hit the 2nd climb not a bad one fire road that turned to single track steep at times but not bad at the top of this one we ran into a few locals (cows....) we continued up and at the next corner there were cows but these ones had horns.... sketchy.... around the next corner I look up the hill to my right and there is a HUGE cow freeked out running along side of us.... that thing was freaked! and I was a lill too :)

down a lill and up the last climb this was wasn't bad at all middle ring and keep it moving. Down a couple long switch backs and ripped the fire road back :)

I played alill around the start thinking of what gear I wanted to start in and what the enterance to the single track was like.

Good ride was glad to have a giude!


Date: 04/25/2009
Start Time: 20:45:00
End Time: 21:53:00
Time Taken: 01:08:06
Route: Santa Ynez XC Course 09
Total Distance: 9.08 mi.
Burned: 960 (kcal)
Workout Weight: 150.0 lbs.
Effort: Hard
Quality: Good
HR: 90 (min) 155 (avg) 181 (max)
Pace: 44:27 (min) 07:30 (avg) 02:28 (max)
Speed: 1.35 (mi/hr) (min) 8 (mi/hr) (avg) 24.31 (mi/hr) (max)

View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com

No comments: