Saturday, April 18, 2009

SD Bay Ride

Great ride! I really dig this ride!

We set out from Mission bay so I rode straight out from my house (I love riding from my house cause when your done your home:)

We headed off to get downtown the cross wind was pretty bad (I have no idea what is up with the wind of late...) thru downtowan with a stop to grab our ferry tix and we were off past petco and into national city... my rear wheel took a beating on the crap roads in NC... that needs some trueing now :( But the pace was light and we were chatting it up :)

Finally into chula vista and past the audi/vw's shipping port lots of Q7's out there must not be selling well.... past the new marina down there @ the junction of the 94 we were just talkin and chilling a light pace. On the bike path for a bit that was nice, then once on the road again matt decided to open it up a lill, he came past me ~30mph (me ~20ish) I jump on his wheel and hang he sits up and looks back and was very surprised to see me I think that was the hardest I worked all day :)

couple turns here and there and we were onto the new bike path that connects 13st/the strand to Chula Vista.... wow that was nice! fresh pavement! clean, fenced off, lots of wild flowers out! makes the ride soooo nice with out having to ride on palm ave in IB...

on to the strand we went Matt led us out and I came up and was like lets pick a easy pace and do 30s pulls keep it light and easy. he sets the pace @ about 19-20mph and we take great turns just rotating around (Don taking great pulls) and we slayed the strand in no time and I don't think I even broke 165 bpm... good stuff!

we cranked around a bit and caught the 12:30 ferry accross the Bay (lill pano pic from the boat)



Back to downtown we ride up the PCH to mission bay again and do a lap around fiesta island for fun! Matt heads to the car and I take it easy cruising up to my house (greated I was starting to feel crampy heading up as I forgot to eat breakfast and was now @ almost 3hrs with no food...)

Great ride looking forward to doing to more and more on my light days (NO HILLS!)



Date: 04/18/2009
Start Time: 10:29:00
End Time: 13:21:00
Time Taken: 02:52:08
Route: SD Bay ride
Total Distance: 46.94 mi.
Burned: 2,345 (kcal)
Workout Weight: 148.0 lbs.
Effort: Easy
Quality: Great
HR: 80 (min) 145 (avg) 179 (max)
Pace: 48:42 (min) 03:40 (avg) 01:33 (max)
Speed: 1.23 (mi/hr) (min) 16.36 (mi/hr) (avg) 38.6 (mi/hr) (max)

View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com

No comments: