Monday, August 18, 2008


First Ride back in the training cycle for Moab. My goal up the climb was 20:30, as that is where I was this time out from Vail lake. Yea I was up in 17:43.... (though this time my avg HR up was 178 vs 176 on the 17:41 so I did work a little harder) 2 sec off my PR.... So I was feeling ok, I did go out on a mission and was motivated so I pushed.

I caught a bit of a stitch half way up and pushed thru it. The conditions were pretty loose but I cleared EVERYTHING! I def bobble a couple times and thought I might dab but pulled it out. which is actually pretty good for me! Legs were a 8 out of 10 and the lungs were a 6 out of 10. I bet I could have pushed a bit harder I had a little left when I got to the top but this result is def inspiring! Good to know I'm not too too far off from where I was in the spring.

I def need to hit the GYM hard though... I def know I lost some strength as my lower back was straining a bit and the arms are a little weak. So after work I'm going to put in a short but intense core/arms work out. Good stuff!!!!

Activity
Route:Lunch MTBElev. Avg:749 ft
Location:Poway, CAElev. Gain:+4 ft
Date:08/18/08Up/Downhill: [+1381/-1377]
Time:12:00 PMDifficulty:3.9 / 5.0
 
Weather:Fair
 78 F temp; 54% humidity
 79 F heat index; winds SW 13
Performance

Distance: 8.99 miles
Time:0:49:39
Speed:10.9 mph
Pace:5' 30 /miHeart Rate:165 bpm (Avg)
Calories:594188 bpm (Peak)
Map
Poway, California
 
Elevation (ft)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: