Wednesday, August 13, 2008


So after flying into Denver and packing the bags we drove to Copper Mnt.

Setting out to the West, South West up Copper mnt and up canyon following a river up thru some beautiful scenery.

Kerin "Diesel" Dooley set the pace and the girls were setting the tempo, while the guys (aka the pack Mules) we hurts a bit (well I was :) ) As we got up above 10,000' the alt really started to go to my head. And the girls were slowing a bit also. My GI track was a rumbling and my head was bangin! (hell I was even seeing a few stars).

but just in time we crested the ridge and Janet's Hut was right there! Man was that a welcome sight as I was hurting!

After dropping the bags and getting into some clean cloths I ate as much as I could and drank a bit of wine (the more we ate and drank the less I had to carry on day 2)

The altitude came into play again that night when after taking 3 Excedrin the head ache went away but I was not able to sleep much.... Another side effect of hi altitude.

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:0 ft
Location:Frisco, COElev. Gain:+0 ft
Date:08/06/08Up/Downhill: [+0/-0]
Time:03:17 PMDifficulty:0 / 5.0
Performance

Distance: 6.50 miles
Time:4:05:23
Speed:1.6 mph
Pace:37' 30 /miHeart Rate:133 bpm (Avg)
Calories:780167 bpm (Peak)
Map
 
Elevation (ft)
 
Speed (mph)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: