Thursday, September 25, 2008


First MTB ride in over 4 days.... PQC transition/night ride we headed down Cobles (and almost killed 3 hikers I need a bear bell) and once we got to the whoops we saw Matt and Tara so I talked them into climbing up powerlines.

Where the second push is I dropped Matt and went out hard and spiked at 190!
I was fading a bit and I knew he was going to gain on me at the end. I hear "go matt!" from jeff below and there matt was about to pass me! I shifted down but didn't quite have the time to accelerate to fend him off :( He got me by about 1/2 a bike but

I kept pushing up the next section as him and Tara went back to cobles
as they didn't have lights. Me and Jeff then went down rocking horse I wasn't feeling super fast. but ok and then we hit the end and headed back thru the water crossings. Coming out of the water crossings I stayed in middle ring like last week but it hurt alot more this week! the lungs weren't feeling that good :(

we cruised back to rocking horse and now we hit it in the dark! I felt
Pretty good in the dark! We caught a group in front of us and gave them a break then caught them again. this time we climbed out the tunnel and middle ring was the way again felt ok again not as good as last week. We did a quick loop up top and then hit the fire road back to the car. We saw lights starting to catch us on the fire break so Jeff told me to put the

Hammer down and I pushed it back to the car and dropped that group :)
more tonight and I'm pretty much riding the next 8-9 days straight!

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:336 ft
Location:Rancho Santa Fe, CAElev. Gain:+0 ft
Date:09/23/08Up/Downhill: [+866/-866]
Time:05:58 PMDifficulty:3.3 / 5.0
 
Weather:Fair
 72 F temp; 61% humidity
 72 F heat index; winds NW 6
Performance

Distance: 10.51 miles
Time:1:32:43
Speed:6.8 mph
Pace:8' 49 /mi
Calories:503
Map
 
Elevation (ft)
 
Speed (mph)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: