Monday, September 15, 2008


Well it was high time to push it.... and what better way then a nice HOT 3+ hr ride :)

Met up with Joe and Matt (I was 30 mins late assuming matt would be but Matt was there on timer oops :)

We hit the trail under cloudy skies and full packs (water and food was going to be a must on this one nothing compared to the 7 hr epic of the week before but needed non the less)

We road thur the burn areas at a light tempo (which was killing matt on his single speed) man more burned than I thought. We hooked a right before the end of spring and headed up. I didn't clear the one right going up but I cleared the rest and we were deep in Miramar now shhhhhhhh ;)

We hook a quick right which was the wrong way, way to go scott get lost on a military base..... We heading back and found the run ridge running decent into the canyon where we climbed up the switches just west of sycamore cyn and while the tempo wasn't fast we did pick it up a bit... well Matt picked it up big time! cleared all the switches on the Unigear....

Up the last couple fire roads and it was down down down into sycamore cyn I cleared all the switch backs down! That was nice and def due to the rough conditions in kernville but def helped my confidence in the loose stuff (also learning to air down alot helped!)

We Hit the cyn and stayed on the eastside till we hit the gate then up past the ranger station and hit the fire road climb. Now I was on a mission! I hit the fire road pretty hard, I hit the lot stepped over the gate and went right up the single track to the top. Man the heat was startign to hurt! I was feeling a bit vomitus as the top, we paused but didn't want to fry too bad so down we went into martha's grove.

Man I love that decent, its got hairy section, fun, fast, goos times! we got back across the road and I FLEW thru the down and up before the ranger station! Across the top we ran into a ranger in an ATV booooo right at a great ripping corner :( But it was back across the gate now at hr 2 we headed into the cyn and road the twisty west side. I was out front at first I thought I wasn't setting a fast pace but after yelling back at how everyone was feeling the tempo I got little response aside from Joe's displeasure... So I tried to turn it up a bit :)

I've were moving well middle ringing the whole thing not slowing on the short climbs ripping the turns that was def the fastest I have ever done that section! We stopped in a bit of shade for a moment as we were BEAT! but then it was back off thru the rest of the cyn and out along Santee lakes. Joe got out front once we hit the single track and was hammering! I was doing all I could to hold on! We pasted Moto (moron thats not illegal out there....) it gave me the chance to pass and try and put the hurt on hit for a bit but he was right there the whole time!

We hit Mast and hr 3 headed home
A couple miles on on the road and back to Mission Trails, thru the gorge and back to the car.... 3:15 def a good clip and a sick ride!

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:598 ft
Location:La Mesa, CAElev. Gain:+3 ft
Date:09/13/08Up/Downhill: [+2578/-2575]
Time:09:03 AMDifficulty:4.4 / 5.0
 
Weather:Fair
 73 F temp; 59% humidity
 73 F heat index; winds Calm
Performance

Distance: 27.65 miles
Time:3:28:44
Speed:7.9 mph
Pace:7' 36 /mi
Calories:1346
Map
 
Elevation (ft)
 
Speed (mph)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: