Monday, September 8, 2008


Wow this was an insane ride! We got up at 7am and jumped a shuttle to the top of sherman pass 9,200 feet.

I started the first 10 yrds and crashed.... yea it was loose to say the least. We proceeded to climb/hike up to the top of Sherman Peak at 9,950'! Yea that is the highest I've ridden my bike to shuttle or not.

We hit the decent down form Sherman pike sick rocky goodness! We got back to Sherman pass and headed down for a bit thru some sick Moto style whoops (the sandy conditions put a little bit of a damper on the section but it was fun non the less) We then climbing back up to ~9,200' this may have been a "shuttle run" but the sandy conditions and technical climbing made it one hell of a tough ride.

The downhill sections were rough and took lots of concentration and work, and were followed by tech or sandy climbs so the rest was far and few between. Work is good! we made it down to Big Meadow and found the spring and refilled our packs as dehydration was easy to fall into as humidity was def 10% or less. We made our way thru some cow pastures with land mines everywhere!

But finally we made it! the main descent! 10 miles and 6,000 feet! The conditions were loose and I laid it down a couple times... Then upon Joe's observation I aired down to an insano 15psi while the bike felt odd and squishy I didn't crash. And really was enjoying this section even though I was border line hillusinating I was so tired! We stopped to fix the 4th flat of the day and my stomach started cramping! and I was feeling bad! but once back on the bike I was feeling better and we finished strong!

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:7672 ft
Location:Kernville, CAElev. Gain:-6407 ft
Date:09/06/08Up/Downhill: [+3494/-9901]
Time:10:08 AMDifficulty:5.0 / 5.0
Performance

Distance: 30.98 miles
Time:8:01:08
Speed:3.9 mph
Pace:15' 23 /miHeart Rate:145 bpm (Avg)
Calories:2065187 bpm (Peak)
Map
 
Elevation (ft)
 
Speed (mph)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: