Monday, September 29, 2008


Ride #2 of the day I was a bit tired but looking forward to seeing how tired I really was.

Off from the visitor center I cruised down into the gorge and started up the main climb... 15% for a mile.... Bumped into a Newb to the area and he agreed to try and hang (he could have smoked me for all I knew) so we headed up to the top of the Mesa (Dan was close behind).

Across the top (I was chatting with him like an 'Ol lady and almost ran over a rattler....thanks for the heads up Dan)

we took the long was and headed west at the mesa split rocked the decent down to into the 52 gorge and hit a bit of construction after bushwacking a bit and trespassing probably we were back heading east and climbing up the side of N. Fortuna. I dabbed on the really steep section getting back on the main trail the legs were ok but the conditions of the trail were 3' deep silt....

Then it was up the 4 steeps 1st was easy, 2nd, fine, 3rd, ok, 4th I killed it and cleared it for the 2nd day in a ROW! that is the 2nd time ever!

Down the side and over the woops down E-ticket and fly thru the canyon! hit the picknic tables and it was time to get up S-turns.

I was feeling good and I thought I had a better chance then the day before as I wasn't hammering quite so hard. I cleared it with authority! I had a quick feeling like I was gonna puke at the top but it pasted quickly :)

Down the Fire road and I cooked myself heading back to the car. Great ride... only 8.76 mile? with 1700+' of climbing made that feel a HELL of a lot longer :)

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:552 ft
Location:La Mesa, CAElev. Gain:-16 ft
Date:09/28/08Up/Downhill: [+1755/-1771]
Time:05:05 PMDifficulty:3.9 / 5.0
 
Weather:A Few Clouds
 73 F temp; 59% humidity
 73 F heat index; winds N 8
Performance

Distance: 8.76 miles
Time:1:27:04
Speed:6.0 mph
Pace:10' 00 /miHeart Rate:162 bpm (Avg)
Calories:506186 bpm (Peak)
Map
 
Elevation (ft)
 
Speed (mph)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: