Thursday, September 11, 2008


We hit up mission trails for a evening ride but were tossed a curve when we found out that the northside of the preserve was closed due to a fire that was still smoldering....

we road thru a section that was all scored and could see tape and fire trucks ahead. So we turned around and headed up the mission trails visitor center climb....

A climb I have heard much about (aka it is evil!) we had a fun descent down a then I put the hammer down. I wanted to really try and puch myself. I pushed granny #2 for 90% switching to my last gear just at the top cresting the climb!

good stuff I was feeling good I went part way back down to ride the rest with the guys and me being stupid thought I'd try and help Tony out and as I rode with my hand on his back I went to give him one last push and in the process I crashed..... dumb.... I got back on and climbed up we then headed down S-turns and then back up. me and joe killed it! I have never gotten up that climb with such little problems and feeling so good a the top.

Back to the cars and home.... short but good training!

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:322 ft
Location:La Mesa, CAElev. Gain:+0 ft
Date:09/10/08Up/Downhill: [+1528/-1528]
Time:05:35 PMDifficulty:3.8 / 5.0
 
Weather:Fair
 68 F temp; 65% humidity
 68 F heat index; winds NW 6
Performance

Distance: 9.99 miles
Time:1:36:03
Speed:6.2 mph
Pace:9' 41 /mi
Calories:533
Map
 
Elevation (ft)
 
Speed (mph)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: