Thursday, September 18, 2008


PR! :) After a ho hum ride last night I was unsure how I was gonna feel on my lunch ride today.

Hit the road and started out at a pretty good pace, hit the trail and put the hammer down! I was big ring till the top of the first section its just so steep that big ring was tuff but I pushed on and I almost dabbed on the ledge as conditions are getting loose and my rear tire is toast!

From there on I left very little on the trail, I hit the houses in less than 12mins, I knew I was on a good pace and didn't wanna loose it on the last section. I hammered up the last steep and switched on my big ring for the ridge section out of the saddle alot! I hit the top in 15:52 (175) YUP that is 1:06 better than my PR!!!!! and I had a little more left, I mean I was pretty beat but I prob could have knocked another 10-15sec off if I pushed 100% earlier on.

It was hot as hell in the back of the canyon too, my camel back was pretty empty (I thought I had more water) and the wind was non existent back there.

Down I decided I wouldn't push it since I went up so fast but 9:35 (155) down was only 15 sec off my PR down. Overall ride 45:05 was a minute or so better than my PR from last week :)

I am getting a bit burnt as far as motivation, but the legs feel great! 2 more weeks then rest for Moab!

Activity
Route:Lunch MTBElev. Avg:749 ft
Location:Poway, CAElev. Gain:+4 ft
Date:09/18/08Up/Downhill: [+1381/-1377]
Time:12:00 PMDifficulty:3.9 / 5.0
 
Weather:Fair
 80 F temp; 56% humidity
 81 F heat index; winds W 7
Performance

Distance: 8.99 miles
Time:0:45:05
Speed:12.0 mph
Pace:5' 00 /miHeart Rate:159 bpm (Avg)
Calories:621187 bpm (Peak)
Map
Poway, California
 
Elevation (ft)
 

Posted from bimactive.com

No comments: